Carpenter are skilled craftsmen who build, erect, and install structures made from wood and other building materials, ranging from kitchen cabinets to frames.
They are employed in a variety of sectors of construction.
We seek an experienced Carpenter to cut, build and install wood and other structures by specifications. Your work will involve working in various environments to create stable, functional, and efficient equipment and infrastructure.
Anyone with a valid work permit and is legally able to work in Canada is eligible to apply for this position. If you don’t have the authorization to work and are not allowed to work within Canada, employers will not consider your application.
A carpenter is skilled in hand dexterity and has an eye for the finer details. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about wood properties and other materials used in carpentry.
Working under minimal supervision and complying with all health and safety requirements is crucial.
Successful applicants should be reliable, hardworking, and have excellent communication and organizational abilities. It would help if you were a carpentry apprentice or had similar prior experience in the sector.
The objective is to help build and maintain sturdy and durable buildings and other products.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Seasonal Employment (Full Time)
$25.00 to $40.00 per hour to 40 hours/week
Secondary (high) school certificate of graduation
From 7 to one year
- Measure, cut, form, assemble and join materials made from wood and wood substitutes, light steel, and other materials.
- Install foundations flooring beams, put in subflooring, and build the walls and roofs.
- Repair, maintain and upgrade residences and wooden structures found in mines, mills, hospitals, industrial plants, and other facilities.
Major Work Area
- Repair and maintenance
Supervise the other employees
- Experienced carpenter with a proven track record
- Practical experience working using carpentry tools
- Thorough knowledge of carpentry techniques as well as methods of construction and installation
- Experienced in the use of manual and electrical equipment and measuring instruments (powered saws, hammers and rulers, etc.)
- Ability to comprehend the technical documentation and drawing
- Willingness to adhere to the safety guidelines in all instances
- A good understanding of English
- Basic math skills and understanding
- Fitness and physical fitness in good condition.
- High school diploma Achieving a complete carpentry apprentice is mandatory.
- Safety boots with steel toes
- Hard hat
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At high altitudes
- Valid driver’s license
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- A combination of standing, sitting and walking
- Kneeling, crouching, or bending
- The time required for overtime is required.
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
- Team player
- Client interest
- Morality and values
The company promotes equal job opportunities for all applicants, even those who self-identify as part of the following groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, newcomers to Canada, Seniors, seniors, visible minorities, youth.
The job advertisement will remain in effect until the 25th of February 2021.
Method of Application
The application will be through email. So, first, send an email with your cover letter and other details to the email address below.
- Cabinetmaker Needed at Wildwood Wood Works Ltd in
- Restaurant Supervisor Needed at Harvey’s Place
- Secure a Job in Canada – Step By Step Guides
- Andys Bar Pittsburgh USA Is Hiring Bartenders (Part Time)
- Visa Lottery Application Form 2022/2023 – How To Apply Online
- Farm Supervisor Needed at Sooch Farm Incorporation – Jobs in
- Remote Jobs With No Experience – Top 10