DETAILS ON THIS JOB
English teachers are professionals who can teach students English reading, writing, speaking, and other skills. Teachers can teach in Elementary, Middle, or High Schools and plan and implement lessons according to a predetermined curriculum. No card is needed.
English teachers can be found in schools or other educational institutions. They are responsible for teaching the basics of English and using various methods to deliver practical courses. The responsibilities of an English teacher can vary depending on the level of education and the native language of students.
English teachers have the following responsibilities:
- Plan your course material and activities
- Assessment of the student’s progress (e.g., homework, exam grades, etc.)
- Establishing trusting relationships between students, parents, staff, and other members of the community
Details about the job
- Location: Kelowna (BC)
- Salary 40.27 to $64.72 an hour for 1 to 30 hours per workweek
- Terms and Conditions of Employment: Term (ending: 0223-05-01)Part-time
- Start Date: Starts as Soon as 2022-08-25
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are seeking an English teacher who is experienced to join our team. Let’s talk if you are passionate about English and can teach it with patience and understanding.
Your primary goal is to provide a learning environment that supports your students in reaching their educational goals. You’ll help them learn the essential rules of English reading, writing, and speaking. You will monitor their progress and track their exam grades to provide feedback.
- Organize classes, lectures, and coursework
- Get ready for your activities and prepare materials
- Do your homework and do some exciting exercises
- Create individualized plans for students who have special needs.
- Calculate exam and assignment grades
- Give feedback on classroom behavior and workload
- Please keep track of student attendance and their grades
- Learn new methods of teaching language
- Resolve conflict and manage classroom crises
- Inform parents about the performance of their children
- To foster a positive student experience, you should collaborate with administrators and teaching staff.
Skills and requirements
- Experience as an English teacher
- Understanding of different teaching methods
- A deep understanding of the English language and national curriculum
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Resilient and patient personality
- Dedication to education and students
- BSc/BA English Language Literature or English Literature. MSc an advantage
- Master’s degree
- or equivalent experience
- English/English Language Arts Teacher Education
Make it an asset
This job is open to all.
This job is only for
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents are eligible.
- A valid Canadian work permit is required.
Do not apply if you are not allowed to work in Canada.
How to Apply
This Reference number will be included in your application.