How can I become a temporary worker in Canada? You must obtain a temporary work permit to move to Canada. There are many types of work permits.
To legally work in Canada, you must have a work permit if you are not a Canadian citizen. Before traveling to Canada, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or a Canadian visa office. These work permits are available here:
How do I move to Canada as a temporary foreign worker?
You can move to Canada as a temporary worker.
- Before applying, you must receive a job offer from Canadian employers.
- The employer must complete a Labor Market Impact Assessment. It can be via Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
- ESDC will determine whether an employer can hire a foreign worker for the job.
For certain types of workers, there are special work permits. Some programs allow caregivers, businesspeople, and agricultural workers to obtain work permits.
Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Programme
The Canadian Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFW) is an immigration option that permits individuals who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents to work in Canada in jobs that face labor shortages and that are not filled by Canadians.
The program was initially only available to agricultural workers and live-in caregivers. However, the program has grown significantly and now offers a variety of high-skilled and low-skilled options.
The Temporary Foreign Worker Program requires applicants to:
- Receive a job offer from Canadian employers. Most employers who offer temporary positions must submit a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMA) to obtain permission from Canada to hire foreign workers.
- You are not allowed to be denied entry to Canada. Individuals may be denied entry to Canada for financial, criminal, and medical reasons.
How to get Canada Work Permit If You Are Already in Canada
You may be eligible for a work permit if you’re already in Canada. For more information, go to Eligibility to Apply from Inside Canada. Go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/eligibility.html
How can I become a Canada Permanent Resident?
These programs allow temporary foreign workers to apply for permanent residence.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
- Opportunities Ontario Provincial Nominee Program
- Program for Caregiver
To apply for these programs, you must meet the eligibility requirements.
You can also apply to be a skilled worker, but there isn’t a particular category in the skilled worker class that caters to temporary foreign workers.
How to apply for work in Canada as a foreigner
You can apply to work in Canada, extend a work permit or hire a foreign worker online at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada.html.
How applying online can help you.
- We receive your application immediately, so there are no shipping fees or delays.
- This helps you ensure that your application is complete before you submit it.
- If you are asked, you can submit additional documents online quickly.
- Your online account will provide you with updates about the status of your application.